On Tuesday, April 22nd, Caesars Entertainment properties across North America will celebrate Earth Day by taking action on environmental issues. Earth Day is a time for Caesars employees to come together and demonstrate environmental stewardship, one of four pillars representing the Caesars Code of Commitment. This year’s celebrations will involve guests and communities, and showcase some of the sustainable initiatives properties practice year-round under the CodeGreen environmental strategy.
Here are just a few of the many Earth Day activities taking place at Caesars:
- Harrah’s Ak-Chin Sheds Light on Being Green: The Lounge has been illuminated green with energy efficient LED lighting in celebration of CodeGreen Month. On Earth Day, Total Rewards Guests can enter the free Go Green Sweepstakes to win energy-efficient electronics, but all participants will walk away with a seed paper coaster.
- Lake Tahoe Volunteers for Art-Conservation Project: Dozens of Harrah’s and Harvey’s Lake Tahoe employees will work with the Nature Conservancy to help create a natural art installation that will restore the watershed along the Truckee River on the River Fork Ranch Preserve.
- Shred It at Harrah’s Louisiana Downs: The public is invited to safely dispose of confidential documents and help the environment at the same time. Anyone can bring up to five boxes of documents to be shredded and recycled free of cost.
- Employees Get Green at Horseshoe Hammond: The employee dining room will have reduced lighting and provide organic, locally sourced food, as will the “Shuffle” station in Village Square Buffet. In addition, a recycling drop-off has been placed in the employee parking lot for the month of April.
- It’s in the Bag at Horseshoe Cincinnati: The first 5,000 Total Rewards Guests will receive a reusable shopping bag on Earth Day.
- Take a Chance for the Environment at Horseshoe Southern Indiana: When guests swipe their Total Rewards card on Earth Day, they’re entered into a drawing to win one of 38 environmental prizes like eco-friendly cookware, solar farm, and energy efficient appliances.
- Harrah’s Laughlin Recycles Your Electronics: The public and employees are invited to bring unwanted electronics to the Electronic Waste Recycle Drive.
- Harrah’s Metropolis Celebrates Employee Dedication: CodeGreen materials and seed packets will be distributed to patrons, and employee accomplishments will be celebrated over cake.
- Caesars Windsor Puts In the Work: More than 50 employees have signed on to clean the local Little River on April 23rd and even more will be attending an Earth Day Tree planting with their families on April 27th.
We hope that you will join us on Earth Day in renewing your commitment to a sustainable future- and take the extra steps necessary to green your day, your life, and your community. The founder of Earth Day, Congressman Gaylord Nelson, had a clear vision of this sustainable future, “Our goal is not just an environment of clean air and water and scenic beauty. The objective is an environment of decency, quality and mutual respect for all other human beings and all other living creatures.” At Caesars, we take responsibility for the health of our environment and communities, and will continue to work together to make them more vibrant places to live and work.